Skip to content
About Widget Exploitation
All proceeds from this site go to the Foundation Against Krazy Exploitation (FAKE). FAKE helps prevent widget exploitation in the following ways:
- Care details
- Counselling details
- Program details
Facts and Figures
- It costs US$50 for FAKE to provide counselling and care for one widget for just one month. (1)
- The most recent statistics show that over 3 million widgets are exploited every year. In 1999, the recorded number was 3,001,982, up from 2,998,651 in 1998. Projections for 2000 estimated that at least 3,005,000 widgets would be exploited. As soon as statistics are compiled for 2000, we will post the actual number reported. (2)
- Widget exploitation, if left unchecked, costs local governments about 6% of their total annual budget, as averaged over the years 1995-2000 across the US. (3)
- 60% of funds for widget exploitation prevention comes from donations and fundraising. (1)
- Government grants dedicated towards preventing widget exploitation were no longer renewed after 1985. (2)
- After 1985, rates for widget exploitation increased by 46% in the first three years and 83% in the following five years. (2)
- One out of every three widgets is exploited. (1)
- One out of every five people is linked to a widget exploitation, though most do not know it. (1)
- FAKE website.
- The Center for Widget Rights and Freedoms' annual report for 2000. This document can be ordered by calling 1-800-XXX-XXXX.
- US Department of Widgetry.
This page was last updated on January 1, 2001.
About Widget Exploitation -
About Us -
Contact Us -
Donation Totals -
Sponsor Information -
Copyright © 2001 Stop Widget Exploitation. All rights reserved.
Page based on a template from One-Click Charity Check, used by open permission.
DISCLAIMER: this is not a real one-click, free donation site. This is a sample charity only. All phone numbers, email addresses, etc. are fake. At the time of page creation, no such domain as "stopwidgetexploitation.com" existed. Should someone register this domain name, the fake addresses here will be changed as soon as it becomes known that the domain is valid. This page may be reproduced according to the guidelines posted on the Sample Charity Templates page.